Front Desk Coordinator
The Community House is actively seeking to fill the role of Front Desk Coordinator. The Front Desk Coordinator works day, full time, weekday shifts and is responsible for the training and scheduling of late-night and weekend reception staff. The Front Desk Coordinator is also responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Coordinates all Front Desk activities with reception and telephone staff.
- Greets and welcomes all visitors to The Community House; directs visitors to the appropriate meeting rooms or departments for service; contacts individual staff members when their visitors arrive.
- Schedule and monitor the Front Desk staff to assure Front Desk coverage; Post the Front Desk staff schedule in the O: drive. Notifies the relevant department of any discrepancies or uncovered times.
- Prepare and print the daily schedule and post on all reader boards.
- Assist Program class registration when business offices are closed or busy.
- Monitors staff sign-in sheet.
- Monitors restrooms and outside front entrance; informs Facilities staff when areas need attention.
- Maintains current information on all Community House events. Disseminates information to all Front Desk staff.
- Provides Community Sales events information packet to visitors when Sales staff is unavailable.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, transfers calls to the correct individual or into voice mail, takes messages as appropriate.
- Maintains the security of the cell phone, cash bag and other items that need to be secured.
- Keeps the Front Desk and Main Lobby areas well organized, clean and neat. Ensures brochures on table and in rack are appropriate, current, and well organized.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will have 2-3 years of reception experience and technological experience (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred).
Early Childhood Center – Substitute Teacher
The Community House has an opening in our NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Center for a Substitute Teacher. The successful candidate will assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum in accordance with the philosophy of the ECC. They should also have some experience working in an early childhood center prior to their time of application. Qualified applicants will be able to work full days when requested.
All applicants should have completed some course work toward a Degree in Early Childhood Education or toward a Child Development Association certification.
Banquet Servers – On Call
The Community House is actively seeking on call Banquet Servers to add to our Food and Beverage Staff. TCH prides its self, by offering the highest level of service available. The on call Banquet Servers are responsible for banquet set-up, serving food and beverage, and removing used tableware. Hours range based upon the event and may be scheduled or called upon for shifts as early as 5am or as late as 2:30am.
Qualified servers will have open availability, prior event service experience, excellent social and hospitality skills and great attention to detail.
How To Apply
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
- Visit The Community House and complete an application
- Fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at 248.644.2476
- Mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to The Community House, 380 S. Bates Street, Birmingham, MI 48009
The Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer